Village of Biron, Wisconsin, header picture  

Elections Home

Our goal is for all eligible voters to be able to cast a ballot and have that ballot counted.

The Village of Biron is located in the 72nd Assembly District, 24th Senate District, and 3rd Congressional District.

Voting Fun Facts
We vote on a Tuesday because in 1845 people traveled by horse and buggy.  Congress decided that farmers needed a day where they can get to the county seat, have a day to vote, and a day to get back, all without interfering with the three days of worship.

November was chosen as the month to vote in because it was very hard to travel in horse and buggy in the wintertime.

Massachusetts became the first state to adopt the secret ballot system in the U.S. in 1888.

Upcoming Elections
February 18, 2020  Spring Primary
April 7, 2020  Spring Election and Presidential Preference Primary
August 11, 2020  Partisan Primary
November 3, 2020  General Election

Polls are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on election days.  Voting is conducted at the Municipal Center, 451 Kahoun Road, Wisconsin Rapids.

Residents of Biron must register to vote if they have never registered before, if they have moved, if they have changed their name, or if they have not voted during the previous four years.  Voters may register at the Clerk's office up to the Friday before the election or at the polls on the day of the election.

Voter Information Center

Do you want a quick, easy way to register to vote and not stand in line on Election Day?  Register to vote online  Click here

Voters may choose to submit a written request/application to have an absentee ballot sent to them. Requests to receive an absentee ballot by mail must be filed with the Clerk’s office. Applications for absentee ballots and voter registration are available at the Clerk's office, online at and on this website.

Some examples of acceptable Photo IDs include a Wisconsin Driver License, Wisconsin State ID, Wisconsin Driver or State ID receipt, Veteran Health Card ID, U.S. Passport or Card, U.S. Uniformed Services ID, Tribal ID, Certificate of Naturalization, University or College ID that is voter ID compliant. University or College students who do not have an acceptable form of photo identification for voting purposes can contact their school administration to obtain a voting compliant ID card. For additional information on which documents can be used as photo identification, please visit the website: or call the Clerk's office at 715-423-6584 for more information.

In-person voters must sign the poll book to obtain a ballot. The poll book contains a signature block for each voter. Only one poll book needs to be signed. Voters unable to sign the poll book because of a physical disability are exempt from the requirement. If this applies to you, tell the election officials that you are unable to sign because of a disability. Election officials will write "Exempt" in your signature block.

Voters with mobility issues who are unable to enter the voting location may vote from the curb of their polling place.  Please call the the Clerk's office to make advance arrangements..

Please note that there are exceptions for military voters and indefinitely confined electors. Please contact the Clerk's Office at 715-423-6584 for more information.




Elections Home
Voter Registration Guide
Proof of Residency
Driver's License, SSN, or State ID Number
WI Application for Absentee Ballot
WI Voter Registration Application
How to Run for Office
Voter Registration FAQs
New Free State ID Card Policy for People Without Birth Certificates
Uniform Instructions for WI Absentee Voters
4 Ways to Register
Wisconsin Voter ID Law
Voting by Absentee Ballot
Become a Poll Worker
Voting in the Village of Biron
  Biron Wisconsin ©
Designed & Powered by